About this blog

My photo
Wales, United Kingdom
Documenting one couple's attempts to live a more self-sufficient life.

Friday 8 January 2016

Blogging challenge: One post a day for a month

Having got out of the habit of blogging frequently, I'm finding it hard to get back to it. I have ideas that I want to write about, but they tend towards rather long posts, and I want to spend time getting them right, and I end up not writing them at all. Or if I do get something written, it's so long that I can't imagine anyone would want to read it.

To tackle this, I'm going to try to post something every day, but keep it short. If I miss a day, so be it, I won't beat myself up about it, but just carry on trying to post something each day until 8th Feb, which happens to be Chinese New Year. With brevity in mind, I'll stop there. Here's a picture of George, being optimistic about dinner:

6 comments:

  1. I have exactly the same issues inhibiting me from posting more frequently, and I've pretty much made the same "resolution": little and often, no need to research to the inth degree and don't worry if the post doesn't have a beginning, middle AND end. Happy month of blogging! And hugs to George from another Black Cat Household.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. "The best is the enemy of the good." I can't remember who said that, or whether I've got the words quite right, but you know what? I'm not going to bother looking it up.

      Delete
  2. I suffer from the verbosity syndrome too. Back in April when I did my 30 day blogging challenge one of my goals was to keep each post short, but I fear I failed spectacularly. Oh well.

    George is adorable, BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure some of my posts will end up being far too long, but main thing is to get something posted every day, and not to delay because I want to get a long post finished properly before posting it.

      I have to agree that George is adorable ;-)

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to reading your posts! (And maybe more George photos)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it's likely that George will appear quite a bit, especially when I can't think of anything to write about.

      Delete

I don't know why Facebook thinks this is the most interesting text on the page - it's not, I assure you!

If you'd like to leave a comment, but it asks you to "Comment as" a load of options that don't relate to you, choose "Name/URL". You can type in your name and leave the URL blank.

Do leave a comment (unless the main point of your comment is to advertise your business, in which case it will be deleted). It's always nice to know I'm not talking to myself ;-)